Launch issue out now!
Musicals magazine is the new consumer publication from the Mark Allen Group celebrating the world of Musical Theatre, from the West End to Broadway and beyond. Our first issue is out now! Order your copy online today.
Our launch issue includes:
- West End and Broadway sensation Marisha Wallace gives an exclusive interview to talk about her recent starring roles in Dreamgirls, Waitress, Hairspray and Oklahoma! as well as her exciting Musical Theatre plans for 2023
- We celebrate the legacy of Stephen Sondheim, the genius composer-lyricist responsible for Sweeney Todd, Into the Woods, Follies and countless other game-changing musicals
- 13, Matilda and Wicked - we look ahead to their film releases and explore other recent stage musicals that made it to the big screen
- Alan Menken, the sought-after Little Mermaid composer, speaks to us about his craft as three of his musicals – Beauty and the Beast, Sister Act and Newsies – are revived in London
- Supporting new Musical Theatre writing: we look at the annual showcases in London and New York which provide a crucial platform for new ideas to be shared, workshopped and given a future life
- Mrs Doubtfire, The Time Traveller's Wife and South Pacific are included in our live show reviews as well as a round-up of Broadway performances
- A Strange Loop, 13, 42nd Street and MJ The Musical are included in our expert recording reviews
Win free tickets to Les Misérables:
Enter our competition to win a pair of tickets to Les Misérables at London’s Sondheim Theatre including one night’s stay with breakfast at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hotel in central London.
Tickets are valid for Monday – Thursday performances between January-April 2023 and subject to availability. Entries close on 18 December 2022.
Give us your feedback
Tell us what you like about Musicals magazine, and what you want to see more of, in our online reader survey.
About Musicals Magazine
Brought to you by the Mark Allen Group – the publishers of Gramophone, Jazzwise & Songlines – Musicals magazine is a celebration of all things Musical Theatre on stage and on screen.
We bring you:
- Exclusive interviews with the stars of the shows and their creative teams, from producers and designers to composers and lyricists
- In-depth coverage of the best live productions, from the West End and Broadway to international and regional productions
- Reviews of the latest recordings and releases
Our contributors, overseen by Editor Sarah Kirkup, comprise the very best Musical Theatre critics, presenters, authors and biographers including:
- Edward Seckerson - critic, broadcaster and presenter
- Matt Wolf - London theatre critic for the International New York Times
- David Benedict - official Sondheim biographer
- Matthew Hemley - Deputy Editor of The Stage
Sign up for our newsletter
Complete the form below to receive our free newsletter, bringing you the latest Musical Theatre news, reviews and competitions.