April/May issue out now!
Musicals magazine is the new consumer publication from the Mark Allen Group celebrating the world of Musical Theatre, from the West End to Broadway and beyond. Our second issue, April/May is out now! Order your copy online today or subscribe below.
The April/May 2023 issue includes
- An interview with legendary performer and presenter Michael Ball about his remarkable career trajectory to date, and how, thanks to the forthcoming revival of Aspects of Love, ‘Love Changes Everything’ might be about to re-enter his repertoire.
- For his new immersive Guys & Dolls at the Bridge Theatre, Nicholas Hytner is challenging our perceptions of this classic Broadway musical. Matt Wolf speaks to him and his fellow creatives, including last issue’s cover star Marisha Wallace who’s starring as Miss Adelaide.
- Could SIX be on its way to global domination? With the show now opening in Korea, Tim Bano speaks to its creators and producers to uncover the enduring appeal of this sassy pop musical about the wives of Henry VIII.
- Welcome back Elaine Paige! The Musical Theatre star returns to our pages with a regular column celebrating the musicals that proved to be the biggest game-changers.
- Sylvia, The Bodyguard and Oklahoma! are included in our UK live show reviews, plus don’t miss our reviews from Broadway – Parade, Some Like it Hot, Kimberly Akimbo, A Beautiful Noise and more.
- Broadway’s KPOP and Into the Woods and the West End cast recording of Cabaret are included in our expert recording reviews.
- PLUS all the latest news as well as listings for West End, Broadway, regional, touring and international live shows.
Subscribe to Musicals
Musicals, now published bi-monthly, is available in both print and digital formats.
Every issue contains exclusive interviews with the stars of the shows and their creative teams, from producers and designers to composers and lyricists; in-depth coverage of the best live productions, from the West End and Broadway to international and regional productions; as well as reviews of the latest recordings and releases.
Competition - Win copies of Michael Ball's The Empire
We have five copies of The Empire in paperback to give away, each to include a signed bookplate by the author plus a bookmark and poster, all courtesy of Bonnier Books. Competition closes on 25 May 2023.
About Musicals Magazine
Brought to you by the Mark Allen Group – the publishers of Gramophone, Jazzwise & Songlines – Musicals magazine is a celebration of all things Musical Theatre on stage and on screen.
We bring you:
- Exclusive interviews with the stars of the shows and their creative teams, from producers and designers to composers and lyricists
- In-depth coverage of the best live productions, from the West End and Broadway to international and regional productions
- Reviews of the latest recordings and releases
Musicals, edited by Editor Sarah Kirkup, is written by some of the very best Musical Theatre critics, presenters, authors and biographers including:
- Edward Seckerson - critic, broadcaster and presenter
- Matt Wolf - London theatre critic for the International New York Times
- David Benedict - official Sondheim biographer
- Matthew Hemley - Deputy Editor of The Stage
- Marianka Swain – Musicals magazine assistant editor
Sign up for our newsletter
Complete the form below to receive our free newsletter, bringing you the latest Musical Theatre news, reviews and competitions.
To advertise in Musicals magazine, please contact Paul Geoghegan, Publisher